Texas Winery Tours
Great getaways and gourmet dining at its finest
Various tour lengths
These excursions are designed for lovers and soon-to-be lovers of quality Texas wines and gourmet food.
And those who just want to get away for a fun, entertaining escape.
Where possible you will stay in historic Texas bed & breakfasts and hotels where you can relax in atmospheric, homey surroundings.
Our knowledgeable speakers will provide expert commentary throughout. You will learn:
- How Texas wines are made from start to finish
- Why certain Texas soils and climates are appropriate to viticulture
- How to pair food and wine
- About the 300 year history of the Texas wine industry
- How to compare wines
- How to describe the tastes of wines
PLUS historical tales of these rustic areas that were the Texas frontier not so long ago. Local legends, gossip and history!
In most areas, elegant gourmet meals can be presented, with different wines at each course, accompanied by commentary on food & wine pairing.
There are several areas in Texas where winery tours and sightseeing can be delightfully combined:
- Wineries: Cap*Rock, Llano Estacado & Pheasant Ridge
- Sightseeing: Caprock countryside, Lubbock & Post
- Wineries: Becker, Bell Mountain, Fall Creek, Grape Creek, and many more
- Sightseeing: Fredericksburg, Llano & Luckenbach
- Wineries: Cana Cellars, Hill Country Cellars, Slaughter Leftwich & Spicewood
- Sightseeing: Austin , eastern edge of Hill Country
BRENHAM / COLLEGE STATION AREA
- Wineries: Messina Hof & Pleasant Hill Winery
- Sightseeing: Brenham, College Station, Independence & Washington-on-the-Brazos
Texas Winery Tours can be packaged to include:
- Overnight accommodations
- Winery tours
- Gourmet meals
- Local sightseeing