The Tyler Rose Festival
A Celebration of America’s National Flower
One day excursion
This is your chance to see the world-famed TYLER ROSE FESTIVAL, an extravaganza dating back to 1933, through the comfort and ease of an escorted motor coach trip. Spend the day immersed in the color and beauty of America’s National Flower. See popular roses a century old as well as brand new varieties still in the experimentation and testing stage.
The highlight of the trip will be the QUEEN’S CORONATION, with the presentation of the Court. The gowns worn by the lovely young ladies are not to be believed! Such a pageant is a rarity in America today.
- A private escorted walk through the Rose Garden with a MASTER GARDENER.
- Visit to ROSELAND PLANTATION, an 1800’s plantation complete with outbuildings which has only recently opened to the public.
- The TYLER ROSE SHOW – the once-a-year glorious indoor rose display.
- The TYLER ROSE GARDEN – the largest municipal rose garden in the country, with 38,000 bushes showing 400+ varieties in 22 acres.
- The TYLER ROSE MUSEUM – the history of the Tyler Rose Festival, with gowns and memorabilia of rose festivals past.
- THE QUEEN’S CORONATION – reserved seats to see the gorgeous gowns and elegant pageantry of the Queen and her Court
- Luxury motor coach transportation throughout the day.
- Dinner at the Potpourri House and Antique Emporium – one of only two East Texas restaurants to be featured in Southern Living & the Mobil Travel Guide.
- Historical commentary from our expert Heritage Tours Texas historians.