So southern, so charming, so mysterious
Four days / three nights
Now available is the opportunity for your group to see for themselves what they have been reading and hearing about. In our Simply Savannah tour your group will visit the important historical and architectural sites that have made this deliciously oh-so-Southern city the desired destination of thousands of curious travelers.
Much of the attraction of Savannah is walking the historic area with its famous checkerboard squares. We usually leave two afternoons free for our groups to walk and explore and shop on their own, after we tour important sites in the mornings. Our groups will be shown the major attractions, including four memorable house museums, the Railroad Roundhouse, and Fort Pulaski. One morning will be devoted to the scenes made famous in THE book, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. These are private tours for our travelers only, all presented with the expertise in Southern culture Heritage Tours is known for.
- Visits to the Green-Meldrim House (General Sherman’s HQ when he captured the city), The Andrew Low Home, The Davenport House (one of the most important Federal-era homes in America), and The Owens-Thomas Mansion, featuring its interior flying bridge!
- Three-hour historic and architectural tour all over town.
- Three-hour tour of the places associated with THE book.
- Tours of the Railroad Roundhouse and Fort Pulaski, places so important to Southern history.
- The Waterfront – a picturesque collection of commercial and residential structures.
Tour Can Include
- Three nights accommodations
- Baggage handling at the Savannah Airport and at the hotel
- Three breakfasts
- Three lunches, at historic and popular restaurants
- One dinner, at the Pirates House
- Guidance as to what to see and do during the free time, such as which museums to see and where to walk
- Pre-trip reading packet for those who wish to study and research before the trip