Ponca City’s Holiday Festival of Angels
Where the Roaring Twenties Still Roar!
Two days / one night
This northern Oklahoma city, home of Conoco, has developed a citywide collection of illuminated angels that has taken its place as one of the country’s most impressive Christmastime presentations. Come see this inspiring display, along with its other hidden treasures, where the oil boom of the Twenties left its mark of mansions, museums, wealth and glamour.
This two-day trip will show your group a historic Indian, oil and ranching town possessing wealth and elegance far beyond its size, a place your members may not know much about. Come be inspired by its angels and to enjoy its Twenties roaring style that still lives on!
Visit the historical sites in Ponca City, including:
- The Marland Mansion, the 55-room Italianate “Palace on the Prairie” built by the founder of Conoco, a testimony to the wealth & style of the oil millionaires of the Twenties. A catered dinner can be served inside the Mansion for your members.
- The new OIL MUSEUM, showcasing the history of Conoco and the contributions and innovations of its founder Ernest Marland.
- Marland’s Grand Home, including the Plains Indians Museum and 101 Ranch Room,
- The Poncan Theatre, a completely restored & functioning Twenties “atmospheric” theatre, where stars of stage & screen as well as Sousa performed,
- Standing Bear Memorial Park, a moving tribute to the heritage of the Native Americans of the region. A speaker will enthrall you with the true story of of Standing Bear and his tribesmen.
- Pioneer Woman Statue & Museum, a wonderful statue and museum dedicated to the hardy pioneer women of the west,
Tour Can Include
- Overnight accommodations
- Nighttime tour of the angels throughout the city
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner in Ponca City