Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island
The Seafaring Heritage of the Canadian Maritimes
Ten days / nine nights
Travelers will enjoy spectacular scenery and fascinating history on our customized group tours:
- Visit the original land of the ACADIANS, the people of Longfellow’s EVANGELINE, the French farmers and fishermen who were evicted from French Canada and migrated to Louisiana. Learn their unfortunate tale of separation and immense personal tragedy amidst the ebbs and flows of 18th century geopolitics.
- Sightsee the gorgeous COUNTRYSIDE of Canada’s Maritime Provinces, named by National Geographic Traveler as one of “50 SPECIAL PLACES WORLDWIDE”
- Visit the home of Anne of Green Gables on PEI, the place that inspired Lucy Maud Montgomery to write her beloved Anne novels.
- Tour HALIFAX, with its magnificent harbor, Citadel fortress, and Maritime Museum featuring the city’s connection to the Titanic. One of the world’s most vibrant waterfronts, full of activity. Your schedule is leisurely paced to allow time to explore, shop and soak it all in.
- Tour PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND, with its lush countryside and charming capital city of Charlottetown. Complete with a fresh lobster dinner.
- Drive the CABOT TRAIL on CAPE BRETON ISLAND, voted by Conde Nast readers as THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ISLAND in the WORLD! Includes the delightful village of CHETICAMP.
- Be amazed by the world’s largest tides at the BAY OF FUNDY, over 40+ feet! You will be astounded at the HOPEWELL ROCKS, the flowerpot formations carved by the sea.
- Enjoy museums featuring the life of ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL, the mining and industrialization HISTORY of the Maritimes, and the FISHING and SAILING heritage of the provinces.
- Visit the picturesque village of PEGGY’S COVE, often photographed, with its world famous lighthouse. Plus the UNESCO Heritage Site of LUNENBURG.
To include the stirring HALIFAX MILITARY TATTOO in your itinerary, go in June!