Heritage Tours presents another in its “TEACHING THROUGH TRAVEL” series of History Field Trips for Students and their Parents
Historic Courthouses of Texas
The nation’s finest collection of 19th century courthouses
Featuring the courthouses in Dallas & Fort Worth, Denton & Decatur, Hillsboro & Waxahachie, and Central Texas, including Lockhart, New Braunfels, La Grange, Cameron, and Giddings.
Please note: Many others are possible.
Texas is blessed with one of the nation’s finest collection of courthouses, and what better place to teach Texas history and government than these palaces of local democracy.
Courthouse tours usually include meeting with one or more local government officials (based on availability), and a talk with a prominent local historian who will enthrall the students with colorful tales of who shot whom within these walls.
- MOTORCOACH transportation with snacks and drinks on board, operated by a fully licensed and insured charter company
- SPEAKERS at each courthouse
- STUDY MATERIALS with suggested readings and keepsake notes
On this trip, your students will learn:
- why courthouses hold a special appeal in the hearts of Texans
- about the governmental function of courthouses in the lives of local citizens
- about the particular architecture of Texas courthouses
- about the fun and colorful stories pertaining to each courthouse, the sorts of tales that bring history alive to students
Texas International Tours uses only fully licensed and insured motorcoach companies and full-time professional drivers.