Culinary Corsicana for Christmas!
A one day tour from North Texas departures
When it’s time to focus on your holiday shopping, what better place than at the delectable food emporiums in Corsicana. Here you can visit three factory stores, all with yummy goodies.
- The Collin Street Bakery – yes, those world-famous fruitcakes!
- Navarro Pecan Company – pecans of all types plus jams, jellies, sauces and candies.
- Russell Stover Candy Company – chocolate, chocolate, chocolate in all shapes and sizes.
In addition to these yummies for the tummy, we will serve food for the mind as well. We will see the historical sites of the town, including Texas’ First Oil Well. Did you know the Texas oil industry was born in Corsicana?
These highly entertaining destinations, each actually worth a trip in itself:
- A showing of the current planetarium feature showing at The Clark Center Planetarium, the largest in Texas.
- A stop at the new Civil War Museum, already talked about as one of the most interesting stops in Texas on the War Between the States
- The Pearce Collection of Western Art, a top class collection of more than 40 Western paintings and sculpture from over 30 prominent Southwestern artists.
Tour Can Include
- The buffet lunch at popular Bill’s Fried Chicken