Springtime in Charleston
Annual Festival of Houses and Gardens
Four days / three nights
Spend four days enjoying the gardens, history, architecture and delicious Low Country cuisine of charming Charleston, one of America’s most pleasant and walkable cities. Immerse yourself in 300 years of history and architecture, from colonial days to the present. The ambiance of spring in Charleston is unexcelled!
This tour is timed so you may participate in the Annual Festival of Houses and Gardens, when the most magnificent private homes in the city are open for their once-a-year visitations! Tickets to these walks are highly coveted.
Go when the weather and the gardens are at their best! Experience springtime in Charleston!
- Two different sets of tours of private homes that are part of the Annual House and Garden Festival.
- Private walking tour with Charleston’s leading architectural expert, Ms. Fern Tuten.
- Carriage ride with local guides through the Historic District.
- Tours through two of the most interesting, important and impressive historical homes, the Nathaniel Russell House and the Heyward-Washington House.
- Tours of two country plantations, Middleton Place and Drayton Hall, and their magnificent gardens and buildings. The Middleton Place tour includes a privately led walk through the gardens and house, and our visit to Drayton Hall will feature the special behind the scenes Connoisseur Tour. These two Ashley River Plantations complement each other superbly.
Tour Can Include
- As many breakfasts, lunches and dinners are included as the group leader chooses. The other meals can be “on your own” so the travelers can select other wonderful restaurants of their own choosing.
- Deluxe motor coach transportation throughout.
- Three nights accommodations.
- Plenty of free time for shopping and exploring on your own.
- Historical and architectural commentary by our esteemed Heritage Tours speakers.
The house and garden tours, the historical/architectural tour and the plantations are all walking activities. This trip is for persons who are able to handle the walking involved.