A Culinary Charleston Christmas!
Four days / three nights
This year for your holiday travel, take your group to the most gracious, historic, and genteel city in the South: Charleston! Our tour is designed to please those who have been to Charleston before as well as those enjoying it for the first time. You will see it all dressed up in its Christmas finery, with its delectable culinary and shopping delights available for your pleasure.
The Culinary Capital of the Carolina Coast!
Christmas Culinary Delights that will amaze and delight you —
- THE CHARLESTON CHOCOLATE TOUR – a chocolate lovers heaven!
- THE HISTORICAL CULINARY TOUR OF CHARLESTON – The majestic sweep of the history of Charleston as seen through its world class cuisine. The tour includes stops at two of the six important House Museums, the Aiken-Rhett House and the Joseph Manigault House. The experience culminates with a “collation”, a gathering, at a popular restaurant.
Both of these tours will involve esteemed local chefs, terrific food flavored with the season and spice of Charleston…and of course, tastings!.
An Old South Christmas
Two Christmas Concerts that will showcase the unique atmosphere that is part of an Old South Christmas experience —
- THE DRAYTON HALL SPIRITUALS CONCERT – sung by a top-notch local ensemble, in a candlelight setting in one of the nation’s most important 18th century plantation homes!
- THE CITADEL CADETS CHRISTMAS CONCERT – in the grand Gothic Chapel of The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina.
Charleston – The 300-Year-Old Queen of the English South!
- Walking tour of the Architectural History of Charleston with the city’s leading art and architecture historian.
- A carriage tour of the Historic District to orient you to the city.
- Visits to two of the great Museum Houses – Heyward-Washington (George actually did sleep here!) and Nathanial Russell (with one of the grandest staircases you will ever see).
- Free time is factored into your schedule for you to see museums and other sites of your choice.
Perhaps what may be the most memorable activity of all: The Christmas Progressive Dinner at three elegant, historic locations. You will have appetizers and libations at KINGS COURTYARD INN, the entree at CIRCA 1886, and dessert with coffee at the JOHN RUTLEDGE HOUSE. (built in 1763, and a National Historic Landmark).
Transportation among the three will be by horse drawn carriage! This will be an evening your group will always remember!